Monday, August 15, 2011

Life

John Lennon once said,

"Life is what happens to you

when you are busy

making other plans."


That pretty much sums up my life at this time. Even though I have an abundance of plans for projects and make-overs, there are many more important things happening right now. My husband's brother-in-law just passed away yesterday after a hard fight with cancer. We are celebrating his life while grieving with those he left behind.

We are also gathering around the bedside of my mother-in-law to express our love and bid her a farewell from this earthly existence. It is a difficult time for our family but we have peace knowing that life does not end. We know that our loved ones will be in a better place, surrounded by those who have gone before.

So please forgive me as I attend to "real life." In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the giveaways I have already planned (this is the last day to enter the Shabby Apple Giveaway) and that you'll be patient with only an occasional post.

(edited to add: My mother-in-law passed away this evening, Monday, August 15th, 2011. She was devoted to her family and left behind a legacy to be proud of. She will be greatly missed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment