Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Tribute To A Wonderful Man: Tom Sanberg

I'm taking a moment away from posts on design and other topics to honor a wonderful man, Tom Sanberg, who passed away this past Sunday.


Tom (pictured at left) was the wonderful father of Mory, the little girl I helped to take care of years ago in Chicago. I may have been the nanny, but Tom, along with his wife Lora and the extended family, treated me as if I were family. They taught me so much about what I hoped to have someday with a family of my own, and Tom was a strong father figure to me during the many years I lived away from my own family.


My heart goes out to Lora (in gray above) who was and has continued to be my "Chicago Mom", a wonderful supporter of me ever since meeting in 1987. (And oh, did she try endlessly to set me up with some well-to-do man, so she could stop worrying about me!)  


And my heart goes out to Mory. She was adored by her father, he championed her wishes and dreams and nothing was too good for his beautiful and talented daughter Mory. 

He set a wonderful example while living a full life, he will be missed and remembered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment