Friday, September 30, 2011

31 days - from blog to biz (intro)

For the next 31 days, I'm going to blog about how I'm going to flip my blog passion into a business. 
Let me explain why.



I'm a girl leading a double life. Can you relate?



Me #1:

Donna - Graphic Impact

a business owner that runs a sign and graphics company for the last 20 years.

a home owner.

a parent to an amazing son.


Me #2:

Funky Junk Donna - Funky Junk Interiors

a blogger

a writer

an artist

a stager

a junk picker

a photographer

a builder

a dreamer and goal setter


A typical day:

Donna goes into work. It's a nice day, things go well, I know I'll get paid in 30 days,  I go home, make dinner, yawn, tuck my son into bed, and then...

I morph into Funky Junk Donna. I can't wait to tap my fingers on the keyboard to tell you about a few new adventures. Time stands still as I gather up inspiration from blog hopping. Then it's time to hit the thrift stores to stock up! I find the perfect rusty 'ol something or other and dying to get home, photo shoot it and create that post. Then start the above cycle all over again.
So what's really going on here?

Ohhh... I think you know. :)

Us diehard bloggers have a bit of a sickness. And I think the real word for it is called passion.

And I personally have procrastinated long enough in many ways with this here blog career. For you see, this isn't my day job. But I'd sure like it to be.

How?

 I'm officially going to talk about flipping your passion into a business for the next 31 days.

But.. there's only one thing. My hobby isn't my main business.

You so aren't qualified to give this advice...

Yeah, no doubt... BUT... that doesn't mean I can't go for the gold, right?

Why are you DOING this? Are you CRAZY?

Yes. But with intention. I'm a storyteller. And what I write about inspires me and makes me own it. So over the next 31 days, everything I do on the blog will be with intention to make a few more of my dreams come true. And hopefully it will inspire you to do the same. I mean, if you WANT to.

But I do think I can help you in some areas regardless.

I'll be nattering about:

how I grew my blog and why it matters
how to manage working AND starting up a side career at the same time
sponsors and campaigns that can earn you money on your blog
magazine submitting and writing

how to get featured elsewhere
future plans and aspirations

whatever!



Not wanting to create a new biz? No worries!
I'll also be covering:

junk decorating
photography tips
how I store my junk
how I care for my family, work and blog all at the same time

and how tired I'll be getting from blogging daily. For 31 days straight. Egads...

AND during this time I'm going to start one of my biggest procrastinations of all time. Writing an ebook. Or a book. Or something. It's part of the plan. So the blog entry that day may be REAL short. :)

I may even invite a few guests that really know what they're doing for a quote or two. Who knows.

Basically put, I'm going to focus on doing what it takes to flip this here blog passion into my career.

And I'm going to encourage you to use your own God given talents and make them into something you can't live without. Because you have a purpose and it's time you realize that along with me.

Now know, I have nothing in draft mode. NOT. A. THING. So the blog entries will be a little like a running journal. I'm gonna live it, tell you about it, then dive into that given topic. Daily. Some with large posts and some small. Some with pics, some without. As life unfolds if you will. Survivor style. :)


31 Days - from blog to biz

Worth playin' for?

Tune into Day 2 on Sunday and let's find out... :)

So, what do you wanna know about in this series?


tune into THIS post to see the invitation to this series on Nesting Place





All 31 Day posts to date can be found HERE.


Blogger's gone mad on me so I've had to remove the individual listings. Please check the blog's sidebar archives for the individual posts. Sorry!


No comments:

Post a Comment