Monday, September 26, 2011

The Letter B: A Wall Collage for the Boys' Room~

All of my boys' names begin with the letter "B".  We didn't do that intentionally, but that's just how it ended up.  Sooooo, when it comes to decorating a room for the three of them, it only made sense that I should incorporate the letter "B" into the room somehow.   And how, you may ask, did I decide to do that?  Why, with a wall collage!!

You may recall that my original inspiration board for the boys' room included an alphabet collage.


Well, even though we've moved worlds away from this original inspiration board, I did manage to keep the idea of the alphabet wall in the current design.  I just tweaked it a little.  I decided to use a single letter instead of all 26.  And that letter?  B of course - pretty much gave that away in the title, and the first paragraph... ;-)

So I set about collecting "B"s.  And you may recall a little tutorial I did on how to create your own Mod Podge letter.  In any case, after a bit of searching, painting, and Mod Podge-ing (yes, that is a technical term)... I give you The B Wall.


I'm lovin' how it turned out.  I like the organic shape of it...rather than having it be a "grid", I decided to let it kind of flow.  I really like it! And, it allows me to add in another "B" or two if I find one I can't live without.  And please  keep in mind, I have yet to accessorize the dresser. (just sayin')


So the boys' room is almost complete.  Just have to finish the window treatment and make some basket liners (a la Restoration Hardware Kids), and then when the final piece de resistance arrives in the mail, I'll put it on the wall, and we'll be ready for the big reveal!  I can't wait!!

Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment