Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Touch of Autumn~

This year, since we are in the middle of decorating basically the entire house, I decided to go simple with the autumn decor.  But since autumn is also my favorite season of the year, I certainly couldn't let it go by without paying it a little homage.

And since we moved to a new place, we no longer have a fireplace mantle to dress up with the seasons, so I have chosen, instead, to dress the top of my white buffet. 



Luckily my pretty Homegoods lamps (I always have people ask where I got them, so I figured I'd throw it out there to save anyone who might want to know the effort of having to ask...LOL) look very autumn-ish with their lovely earthy shades, and so lent themselves well to the display.


Then all I did was round up a bunch of my faux pumpkins and plop them on the buffet.  Okay, I put a little more thought into it than that.  :-)  I placed the wire pumpkin on top of a stack of old books tied with twine, added in some pretty fall garland, and filled the lantern that usually sits on the dining room table with a bit more garland for a little interest.


I love the mix of textures, and the pop of color from the garland.  Simple. But pretty.  I'm lovin' this touch of autumn.

I'm linking up to the fun at The Lettered Cottage!


The Lettered Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment