Monday, September 26, 2011

Chairs For the Bonus Room, Using What I Have

I need chairs to place at my newly beautified table in the bonus room! While I would love to just go shopping to pick up a few, I have four "spare" chairs sitting in the garage, extras we bring in when lots of people come over for dinner. Instead of sitting in the garage, why not "store" them in the bonus room!


The problem? They are not looking so hot! Purchased when we moved into our first house, a couple years ago I refinished four of them to place in our kitchen nook. 


The "after"chairs in the nook, sanded and repainted a fresher ivory, they look new!


DIY Bamboo Light Fixture project also pictured above }

I had intended to refinish to the remaining four at that time, but you know how it goes! Once you even take a brief "pause" on a project, it's hard to get back!


Last time my approach was to sand them and it was a huge job...strangely I'm feeling a bit too lazy to go down that path this time around.


So I slathered on a bunch of Smart Strip to see if it removed the finish, for an expedited process. 

....24 hours later...


Oh, not bad! Wiping off the Smart Strip I see nearly clean wood. 

Still, don't expect this project to be complete overnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment