Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Wallpaper Samples As Art?

When I posted pictures of all the wallpaper samples received, in a fabulous range of colors, several of you suggested I find a use for them! Oh, you readers are smart.


So on yet another trip to Ikea I picked up two Ribba frames with matting. These are such a fabulous deal! 


Besides the taupe colorway I've selected to hang on one wall, my other favorites are the yellow and red.


While these are just sample, I couldn't bring myself to cut them. Silly, I know. 
Simply taping the wallpaper in place...


...the back of the frames were put back in place...


...and the hanging wire attached.


love


I adore that the samples in these two colors were cut from a similar section of the repeat, allowing an identical portion of the pattern to be showcased for each. 


Something similar could be done with a favorite decorative paper or fabric...just think of the possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment