Thursday, August 4, 2011

Project Do-Over

Does summer make you as project crazy as it does me? Once the weather starts to turn warm I begin to double my list of projects---which is disappointment just waiting to happen. Many of the items on this summer's list where also on last summer's: Strip the paint off one son's bed frame, paint an armoire for another son's room. organize the storage room . . . you get the picture.
Then, of course, I add new projects like paint and recover the chairs I just purchased at the thrift store.
I could have gotten to several of these projects this summer if it had not been for one thing, the dreaded PROJECT DO-OVER!
I have two projects that I have had to do-over this summer because they didn't turn out the way I would like. My kitchen table got a facelift and I was in love until the first scratch appeared.
Then there is my dining room wall that I've already painted with three different techniques and each has only brought me feelings of "like instead of love." I am determined to tackle, and FINISH, these two projects within the next few days. So if you don't hear from me you'll know that it's because I have succumbed to Project do-over!

No comments:

Post a Comment