Thursday, August 18, 2011

Entry Way Dilemma~

The layout of the entryway in our new home is such that it actually connects the front door and the entry from the garage.  Because of that, I want to create a space that functions like a mudroom, but I want it to be quite attractive because it is the first thing that someone sees when entering the house.

I love this entry from Pottery Barn.  I love the gallery wall, the eclectic feel and the fact that it has a little bit of a rustic edge to it.  Functionally, it could really use some hooks for jackets (where would those go?) and somewhere for shoes, but the baskets would make great storage for the kiddos school papers etc.


Then there is this lovely mudroom that I found on Houzz.com.  Although I'm in love with the ladder, it would be an accident waiting to happen in my house with 4 kiddos (especially with my 2 little boys..oy!) and because we are renting this house, we couldn't do a built-in per se, but the hubby can easily recreate a similar look that we would be able to take with us when we  move.
Mud Room traditional laundry room
traditional laundry room design by minneapolis architect Charlie Simmons - Charlie & Co. Design

My feeling is that even though I love the eclectic-ness of the PB space, the functionality and clean lines of the other mudroom would probably work better in my house

What's your opinion?  Eclectic?  Traditional?  I'm interested to know.

Frugal Friday goes live tonight at 8 MST.

No comments:

Post a Comment