Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Content. Finally! (with vacation video)


I was cleaning up the travel trailer today after our last little camping adventure. And it left me feeling confused.

Every summer we camp. It wasn't that long ago that we could afford a lifestyle of leaving our trailer year around at our favorite camping resort and enjoy a getaway every single weekend. In fact, my son basically grew up on a beach.

Each attempt to get off our yard this summer has ended in a fiasco of sorts. First attempt my truck transmission died, then we finally get away and the dog nearly died on our last trip. Both being very expensive fixes.

So as I wiped out the trailer fridge, I had the wild idea that after it was clean, I would just park it for the rest of the year rather than reload it. Trust me, only 5 days of camping in an entire calendar year is a first for us!


As I stepped outside, the weeds in our driveway stared me down so I started working on them in the sunshine. Then my little furry girl spotted me and joined in for a visit. Talk about content!


Other big things transpired today. I sent my son off to do his lawn mowing job all on his own without me overseeing anything for the first time. This is how he traveled. Lawn mower, broom, small gas tank. I'm one very proud mom!


So while he was mowing, I snuck onto the lounger in the pool for a short spell. Yeah... I was content. :) But it wasn't long when I felt the urge to putz around.


My garden is even cooperating. Check out that lettuce!


And speaking of content, I was totally smiling when I saw my other 'sick girl' looking 100% in her favorite spot.


I even celebrated this feeling of contentment to 'just be home' by redoing my picket toolbox arrangement. LOVE the purple.

And for those of you curious, yes, I do yank out some leaves and buds and sprinkle as desired. Perfection makes me nervous. ;)

Today had me realizing how fortunate we were to be home with all our comforts, loved ones and fun things to do.

I didn't always feel like this. I thought I had to be off my property to have a holiday. In hind sight, I think a large part of all that camping was running away from home where issues use to reside. With no more reasons to run, I've run out of reasons to leave.

 It's just... something happened this year. Something spoke to me and told me we had it all at home already so there was really no reason to venture out this round. As much as we loved our last camping trip, we both wanted to come home every single day. :)

I had a discussion with my son. We both agreed we'll finish off summer with a stay-cation at home.  Because basically put, we're both content.

And it only took me 7 years to figure this out. :)

So to end this summer, here's a little video of our entire stay. And yes, there was even some junkin' involved...





Going away sure is fun, but it's great to be home again. :)


The winner of the year subscription to FOLK last week is:


#11, Lori from Wild Flowers!


Congrats Lori! And thanks for ordering the mag! I'll have FOLK contact you for your mailing info. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment