Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Problem With Comparison

Spotted recently on a friend's Facebook page, this caught my attention.


Oh, is this ever true. 

Whenever I find myself tempted to compare something I've achieved or something about myself with another person or their accomplishment, I can literally feel the joy seeping away from me. You'll always be able to find someone smarter, more talented, more accomplished, prettier, funnier, something just better.

So, I've learned to stop. (Well mostly...telling myself, oh don't go there, when I start down this path!) 
 Because of the above, and because of what follows:

Another downfall of comparison (when you find yourself coming up on the short end), is the tendency to then want to find fault with the other person or accomplishment, simply to make ourselves feel better. 

It's just not worth it, is it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment