Monday, August 1, 2011

Pallet wood outdoor sofa reveal


This post is a 2 parter.


For one, Sherry at Young House Love is having a Pinterest Party on Tuesday. She challenged us to actually MAKE something from all that pinning going on. YES.



Ever since I saw this photo on Pinterest, I knew these wooden buttons had to be mine one day. Thanks Lindsey!

And today was the perfect day to try this cool method out!


I cut down two sizes of branches and found out pretty quick that bigger was better this round.

I used the compound miter saw to make the quick chops.


Two twines and no sewing later...



Cute! The perfect woodsy touch! 

So what does this cute pillow sit on anyway?


I wanted to chime these adorable woodsy buttons with...


... why, just an ol' outdoor pallet wood sofa of course!


A combination of 2x4's, 3x3's, and all sorts of random found pallet boards were used for the entire project, rating the wood  free. I LOVE free. And the challenge to make it all work.


It's totally comfy as all get out, sturdy as a rock and large enough for the two of us. Which was the REAL reason for making it.


I've already spent a few evenings out there reading my book with my coffee. Perfect for those hot summer nights. Gotta love arms that accommodate a coffee...


A mix of warm whites along with a painter's cloth keep it light and bright for summer yet not too fussy. 


My first intention had been to create an old gate look for the back, but the random boards were a rather quirky twist I was taken to mid stream... so I left them.



Equally quirky arms keep you from yawning. :) 


Ah... my little visitor means the photo shoot was taking too long.


Well, come on in then, dog!


The aftermath of a long ongoing project are numbered stickers that end up where they don't really belong.... nice upside down 6 ya got there, Jenna. :)

And then... "Mom, can I sit down yet?!?"



I think we'll call this one a wrap. And a success! We all love this thing!

Part 2 - How I built it is HERE.


More of my pallet wood projects (there are LOTS) can be found HERE.

And find out if your pallet wood is safe HERE.

Furniture Feature Fridays






This project has inspired this fab bench at A Cherry Blossom Kind of Life. Wow.


And yet another! B and B's Nest

No comments:

Post a Comment