Thursday, August 4, 2011

An ice cold (healthy) summer treat! And... confessions.


When I decided to eat better, I was a little ticked off with myself. Why ever would I do this right when summer hit?!? What about all those camping treats around the firepit or worse... the ice-cream runs?!?

I felt sorry for myself until I started to notice how much better I felt. And then I started to fiddle around with healthy foods, attempting to create interesting takes on things I knew were good for me.

So when a hot summer day hit, I  thought of the 'you know what'. Instead, I head for the fridge with a brainstorm. I wanted an ice cold something so I invented my:

Fresh blueberry yogurt popsicle



You'll need: something to put the popsicles in. 

I found a popsicle container with no handles, so I used plastic forks. 



Ingredients - low whatever you wish vanilla yogurt, fresh blueberries

1. In a blender: add some yogurt and some blueberries. Blend leaving berries really chunky.


3. Layer:

Just blueberries first.

Vanilla yogurt.

Whipped blueberry yogurt.

Stick in fork and freeze.


4. When frozen, run hot water on container until popsicle loosens.


YUM!

I ate this thing while I was sitting on the lounger in our pool. And I forgot to feel sorry for myself. :)

And did you know, if you cut up chunks of banana, they are delicious frozen? Apparently if you whip up the frozen chunks, they taste like ice-cream because of a banana's creamy texture.

Have any frozen healthy treat ideas you like?


Confession Time

Well, the honeymoon period is officially over. What was a gung ho decision for many not long ago has now turned into effort. 

But I'm proud of the support group that's formed for Junk Loser (facebook). We've been working really hard and some have even blogged about their experiences thus far.

So far, I feel much more alert, stronger and have even dropped a size! So just know, your diligence will eventually pay off if you don't give up.

Anyone have any posts to share?
Comments on your progress?
Confessions to make?
Link up below!



Need some daily motivation? Join in!

Need healthy recipe ideas? Click HERE.

All JUNK LOSER posts to date are HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment