Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Fragrant Comeback

It's been said that carnations are making a comeback and regaining popularity. It must be so because carnations were the predominant blossom in the flower section at my grocery store. And even though I wondered if people not in-the-know would scoff at my choice, I picked a bunch to bring home. Once the carnations were placed inside my car their strong, licorice-y fragrance made me feel like I had traveled back in time. Carnations remind me of high school dances. Isn't is amazing how certain odors can bring back memories. Each spring I love to plant petunias in my flower beds because their smell brings back memories of a certain amusement park I would go to as a child every year on my birthday.

Do you associate memories

with fragrant flowers?


No comments:

Post a Comment