Tuesday, August 9, 2011

feeling so blue - Magnolia-licious Colour Challenge #10

Hello!



Happy Happy Tuesday! It's the 2nd Tuesday of August, so it's time for a new colour challenge at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. It's Maria's turn to be the hostess this month and she's chosen Black & White and/or Monochrome for the colour challenge. Here's my DT card.







This actually would have been a good time for me to practice colouring in Black & White and challenge myself, because I suck at it...LOL. But I already had in mind to create a card for a co-worker who is retiring in November, an all-blue retirement card to match the sentiment. Good excuse, don't you think...LOL?







I've made this into a front-panel side step card. This is becoming a favorite card style for me. (If you're interested in the measurements that I used for this card, I've included a template in a previous posting HERE)





This Magnolia image is Farewell Tilda from the Bon Voyage Collection 2010. She is usually available for your purchase from Magnolia-licious on-line store, however I just checked and she is currently out of stock. If you're interested let Diana know.

The mini stamp version of Farewell Tilda, however, is in stock.





I've used my coloured pencils to colour the images for this card.





A few challenges I am using this card as my entry to:



Crafts and Me - Challenge 46 - Anything Goes

Just Magnolia hAnglar & sTanglar - Week 118 - Anything Goes with the option of adding glitter

My Mum's Craft Shop - Challenge 17 - Monochromatic

Papertake Weekly - Grow Your Own (flowers)





Here's how I've decorated the inside of my card.







Oh by the way, the sentiments on the front and in the inside of my card are computer generated.









The Tilda image that I've used here is called Dancing Party Tilda. She is from Magnolia's You Are So Special Collection 2011. You can also get this image from Diana at Magnolia-licious.









I hope you'll come and play with us in our August colour challenge at Magnolia-licous Challenge Blog. And to inspire you further, have a look at all the fabulous cards that my fellow teamates have created for this challenge--HERE.



Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by. As always your visit is very much appreciated. Have a wonderful week!







Materials and tools used:



DP's: Creative Imaginations Sonnets Harlequin in Blue, one sheet from DCWV Holiday Stack paper pad.



Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Fourteen and Shapeabilities Parisian Accents dies; EK Success retro flower punches medium and small; Punch Bunch small daisy flower and ash leaf punches; Martha Stewart branch and Martha Stewart Daisy Dot Edge punch (used the small flowers for the flower centre); Michaels tiny daisy punch.



Misc: Recollections pearls, Tim Holtz distress ink stamp pads Faded Jean and Weathered Wood.



Medium: coloured pencils--Prismacolor Premiers, Faber-Castell Polychromos and Derwent Coloursofts.









No comments:

Post a Comment