Sunday, September 20, 2009

Quick 10 min storage solution for the laundry room

I've been busy this weekend! My laundry room recieved a little badly needed love and I'd like to show you one small snippet of what I came up with.



I currently had no storage. The room had been gutted, floors redone, new washer and dryer, the works. But it was an empty room with just the washer and dryer. As much as I wanted to purchase cupboards of some type, it isn't in my budget, so creative I had to get once again. So I went to visit my ever expanding storage center (garage) and decided to try...




... the bookshelf I had sitting there, waiting to be used. And I love it so much, it's going to stay! Got this baby for $20 from a local garage sale about 6 months ago. Those pretty curvy lines along the top really make the piece look pretty and feminine, the perfect touch for a laundry room!



Here's a shot a little farther back just to give you a better visual of the room and why the shelf works.

One day I'll do a full reveal when it's complete. But the moral of this short happy story is, don't overlook bookshelves for storage of ANY kind in ANY room.

When I had a storefront for my biz once upon a time, I installed a tall bookshelf by the front door that held the coffee pot, a whole shelf for classic mugs along with books for browsers.

I've also used a bookshelf BEHIND the sofa from my past house and opening the doors on each side. It looked really cool.

Don't overlook the use of a good bookshelf to provide many different solutions to virtually any room in your home!

Have you used a bookshelf in a unique location?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This post is shared with Reinvented's Trash to Treasure Tuesday Sept 22 edition. Thanks for the fun party, Kimm! And at A Soft Place To Land's DIY Day, Sept 23 edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment