Thursday, September 24, 2009

Frugal Friday~

Interesting how you can start out with one thing in mind and end up with something totally different once you get going. Inspiration works in funny ways.

Take this little lamp for example.


I saw her at the local thrift store, and thought she might be good for the Princess' room. Of course, the brass just didn't do it for me, and the pink roses with their green leaves made the whole thing just a little too "precious" for my taste. I thought of spraypainting the little lamp, but ended up putting her back instead.


Of course, it doesn't take a genious to figure out the rest of the story. I went back a couple of days later, and luckily, the little lamp was still there. This time I scooped her up and took her home.



After a few coats of spraypaint, this is how she looks. No precious pink roses, no yucky brass. Not only that, but the base looks a little more substantial now that the whole thing is the same color. (She wasn't actually dry yet when I took the photos...that's why she's still a little "shiny"...)




I planned on adding the lamp shade that is currently on the lamp in the Princess' room (pictured above), and thought it might be a nice contrast to the more formal lamp base. But as I was doing this post, and looking at the photo of the lamp in all of her cream-colored perfection, I had a flash of inspiration...


You'll have to wait until next week to see what I decided to do...(I know, I know, how could I make you wait? It'll be worth it, though!) And you know, the little lamp probably won't end up in the Princess' room after all...of course, I could redecorate...



Have a great Friday~

No comments:

Post a Comment