Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pretty and practical poolside pallets


I needed salt today. Bad.

"You can buy the chips ya know."

"I can?!? I just had them yesterday!"

"Yeah, that's ok. If we were at the beach, you'd get them. So we may as well put this summer on the map. Get the chips."

We were at the corner store we visited yesterday. My truck came with some bad news. The transmi$$ion fried. So looks like summer will be at home this round.

The place that will be doing the work can't take me till next Tuesday so I had to drive Rent-a-Wreck home. I was able to get up to 20 mph,  revving at 2nd gear top notch. The cure? My boy handing me ketchup chips all the way home. It took the tailgaters and curious looks off my mind as we drove home like I was 110 yrs old with the flashers going. Sa-weet.

So once home, we walked to the library, kicking a little green apple all the way there (it's actually rather fun), loaded up on loaner videos and a ton of books, went home, and I continued my new mystery project, PLUS jazzed up the pool area abit. May as well bond with the joint. We'll be around. :)

Ah, right. POOL. Wanna see?


What can I say. The pallet was too heavy to get rid of so I put it to work so it could earn it's keep.


Gotta love all those pool noodles all in one place.


Weird galvanized somethings were bent to hold poolside toys in place and off the sidewalk. It works!


Simple screws hold the water guns in place just fine.


A book I took out that I have to read in 7 days... HAHAHA. Trust me, that's hilarious. I'll no doubt be bringing it back without a word read. Looks nice for the photo shoot though.

Not sure I'm loving this new low resolution I'm using on these photos. I think I need to up it some... I dunno. What do you think?


Aaaand, we needed a nice place to hang towels.


So my old barn gate came back outside for the season once again.


I dolled it up abit with a plastic plant pot, wire hanging basket and real hydrangea cuttings. I LOVE these flowers. They make such an incredible impact with so few and they really do last quite long. I'm going to attempt to dry these after they've had their day.

Know what? We are going to have a GREAT summer! We've already carved out a few new routines we really enjoy. Nightly walks (kicking that little green apple), evening coffee and slushie on our front bench encouraging neighbourhood conversation, a little DIY while the boy reads, sleeping in, going to bed late... we are enjoying ourselves!

But I need to do something tangible to pay for that blasted truck. So I plan to fire up some real writing and get busy with selling some real stuff.  Was this truck breakdown part of a bigger plan? What's He up to now... :)

Click to visit features at:







No comments:

Post a Comment