Thursday, May 1, 2008

A Welcoming Statement

I have a neighbor who works for a very high end designer. The designer runs her business out of her home. My neighbor told me that the lady cleans her porch every day, and if the weather is bad, she'll clean it multiple times a day. I thought about my house. . .Hey! I run a business out of my home, the most important business of all, raising a family! My porch needs to look nice and welcoming too. I should clean it---maybe not once a day, but once a week (or month) would be nice. If you're like me, you probably don't even notice that there's orphan newspapers piling up, or that the spider webs are disguising what used to be the light fixture. Or, maybe you're even worse, you haven't taken down your holiday decorations! Noooo, you wouldn't be that bad.
Go out and look at your front door. Does it look welcoming? Maybe your door needs a fresh coat of paint. Mine did. I thought my new basket deserved a pretty place to hang out. Maybe it's time to replace that tired, faded out old wreath. Or maybe it's just time to give everything a good cleaning after sitting out all winter. You, your family and your friends deserve to have that welcoming feeling when you walk up to your home. You're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment