Thursday, August 27, 2009

Frugal Friday~

Some of you may remember the pixies I started making last Halloween. For those of you who are new to the Shabby Nest, let me introduce you to my little Halloween friends. These are rare Halloween Pixies...not easy to capture, but very friendly. They are one of my favorite Frugal OCD (Obsessively Consumed with Decorating) projects. They don't cost much - if anything- to make and they are very versatile!



These little pixies have seen many reincarnations since last Halloween. Christmas Pixies, New Year's Fairies...






Because of the overwhelming response, I even offered a tutorial on how to make this little lovelies here.


One of my very favorite things about these little pixies is having my sweet readers send me photos of the pixies they've made after being inspired with a little pixie love here at the Shabby Nest. A few weeks back one of my cute readers emailed me this photo of a pixie centerpiece she made for her in-law's 40th Anniversary. The pixies are their sons and granchildren. So sweet! Thanks Anne for sharing your creative twist on this project with us!!

This photo courtesy of Anne Ferguson

If you've made pixies of your own, or if you're feeling inspired to make some after seeing these, please be sure to email me and let me see your finished project!!

Have a creative weekend~

No comments:

Post a Comment