Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Girls~

My little family and I had a wonderful vacation! We took a cross country drive to attend some family weddings. We enjoyed time spent with family and friends. Seeing people and doing things we've been missing.

But the very best part of this vacation for me? Seeing my little sis!

Have you ever wondered how it would feel if a part of you went missing? That's how I've felt for the past three years that she and I have been apart. It was too, too long to be away from one another.

Holly and I are only 20 months apart, and grew up acting more like twins than anything! When we both moved to opposite coasts, we didn't know how we would survive. But thanks to almost daily phone calls, blogging and emails, we did survive - barely! So you can't imagine how we felt to see one another again after so long!

Our little families met at a restaurant for lunch a day or so after getting in town, and what did Holly and I do? We hugged and cried our eyes out...and then laughed because neither of us expected to be quite so emotional!



The rest of the time we were together on our vacations was spent enjoying time with one another's children, eating at our favorite restaurants (way too much), laughing, and shopping OF COURSE!!

We actually do have other siblings...but they don't blog...so we're respecting their privacy...ha! Holly and I were always referred to (by our parents and our older siblings) as "the girls" and that's who we still are today. Seperate women, mommies, bloggers...but still "the girls"....and that will always be an important part of who we are.





xoxo
Wendy @ The Shabby Nest

No comments:

Post a Comment