Monday, February 28, 2011

A Spa Birthday Party~

My Saturday was spent with a house full of little girls squealing and laughing as they got their fingernails painted and had facials made from plain yogurt and avocado (that was hilarious, by the way!)


The Princess turned 8 years old this weekend, and for her party, we decided that it would be fun to do a Spa theme.

I previously posted about the invitations which were fashioned to look like sleeping masks. If you'd like to read more about how I made them click here.




The color scheme was basically a dark tealish-turquoise blue and hot pink...with some lighter pink and black thrown in for good measure.




To make the table look festive, I put out some of the Spa fixin's. On one small serving tray I placed mini bottles of fingernail polish in hot pink and blue. The girls got to pick a bottle which we used to paint their nails...and then which became part of their take-home goodie bags.





I also had a tray full of temporary tattoos which I made using my Silhouette Digital Cutter (did you know they have printable tattoo paper?) I used their software to create an image of a "spa girl" complete with a green-tinted facemask and cucumbers on her eyes. Then I printed them out on the tattoo paper and followed the directions to add the adhesive. The girls loved them!




I laid out the goodie bags which were filled with toe separators in hot pink (of course!), pretty emory boards, fruit flavored lip gloss, and the fingernail polish the girls chose. I couldn't find the exact bags I was looking for, until I ran across this little tutorial at Jones Design Company (complete with the striped paper to print out.) I made the bags, and then just added the cute little "Thanks for Coming" tags which I made using my Silhouette (again....that little thing is quite useful, I'll tell ya!)





Finally, the cupcakes. You know I can't resist cupcakes! I found some darling cupcake papers at Michael's Craft in the colors we were using. The Princess requested chocolate (she is her mother's daughter after all). I just topped them with cream cheese frosting and hot pink or blue sprinkles. I love the way they turned out.






Hanging from the chandelier are a bunch of a mini tissue pom poms to add a festive touch.




And just for good measure...a photo of the princess covered in her avocado & yogurt facial. (She's gonna love me for this.)





Happy Birthday darling girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment