Friday, February 25, 2011

Pallet Farm Table Desk ~ Part 2, the build


Don't miss Part 1 - gathering the goods

Continuing on...

Remember all that pretty wood I found?

While pretty, it sure was in rough shape as all pallet wood is. However no fear, that's what palm sanders are for!


This is another reason I love working outdoors. Wide open spaces for that dust to escape.

Tip:

I'm personally NOT in love with this clamp style palm sander. The sand paper always flips out just when you don't want it to. However if you get the right size sand paper kit, it does work better. The local hardware doesn't carry the kit so I hand cut larger sheets. It really doesn't work all that great.

I know. The more I build, the pickier I get. I may end up high maintenance yet! :)

Anyway, I hear orbital is the way to go. I'll be checking into it. Oh. And did I tell you I want to also write a chapter on must have tools if the book flies? And why I like them and why I don't? Ohhh yes. All I need now is a good solid tool sponsor and we're off. :)


Isn't this leg the coolest? :) No piece was the same as the other, just the way I like to stir the pot. :)


This guy is gonna be 12 feet long!


 Rock steady. I couldn't budge it.

I had the most fun EVER making this up as I went along all with wood I had collected. I could have purchased new for some portions in order to make the build easier, however I didn't desire to. I wanted the scrappy look of reclaimed as much as possible.  I received one small bit of advice on how to attach the legs but the rest was all me. It was just like putting blocks together and understanding why something went where. I do believe the world of framing is starting to click... YES.

Confession time. Please forgive me. I have a ton more pictures of the how-to. And I could flip the tutorial into an entire chapter. However, until I know if this how-to is landing in a book (more on that book thing HERE) or not for certain, I'm not able to reveal the entire thing step by step quite yet. And you KNOW how wordy I can get. I can't wait to tell you why I did what and in what order.

However, I WILL show you the reveal. Count on it! :) Stay tuned for one more round.

Sorry Ann aka Nutbird. I need the weekend to fluff it all up. :)


The Pallet Farm Table Desk

All 3 parts are HERE.




Part 2 - the build


Part 3 - the reveal


A boat load of questions answered on the farm table desk

No comments:

Post a Comment