Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Welcome to the Shabby Nest

Welcome to the Shabby Nest. I have been toying with the idea of starting a blog where I can share my dual passions of decorating and creating! I have no idea why I have put it off for so long, but I finally decided to bite the bullet and here I am. I hope that some of my ramblings might be inspirational (even a little bit) to those out in blogland who love decorating/design and creativity as much as I do.

My name is Wendy. I am the mom of four beautiful children (3 boys who I will call One, Two and Three since all their names begin with the same letter – as do their nicknames) and one girl who I will call the Princess – for obvious reasons! I have been married for twelve years to an amazingly talented man – The Hubby – who works as both a Home Improvement Contractor and a Professional Photographer…How. Lucky. Am. I? I graduated from college with a major in Fashion Merchandising and started my career path by working at a Department Store in the Advertising Department, after that I worked for a professional Ballet Company in Marketing and Public Relations. That led into the jobs I currently have as a part-time editorial assistant (so I can be home with my babies) and an aspiring photographer – learning from my über-talented hubby. How’s that for a round-about career path?

Don’t let the fact that I work as an editorial assistant fool you. My grammar is far from flawless. I write like I talk…and that tends to make me ramble…sentence fragments…lots of parenthetical remarks…etc. etc. (See what I mean?) But, I hope that in all my ramblings, there might be something of interest to someone.

My true passion is decorating. I have always loved it! So welcome to my Shabby Nest. Make yourself at home. I hope you enjoy!

I am more than happy to answer design related questions or to answer any other questions you may have. You can contact me by email at shabbynest (at) yahoo (dot) com.

No comments:

Post a Comment