Monday, July 21, 2008

About Me


I'm Wendy Hyde, wife to the hubby and mother to four wonderful children - three boys (who I previously referred to on this blog as Mr. One, Mr. Two and Mr. Three, but who I've decided now to call Boy One, Boy Two, and Boy Three- to avoid any confusion with the Hubby) and one daughter who I like to call The Princess.


me and my gang!

A little note about my boys:  My three boys all suffer from a genetic liver disease called Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency.  You can read more about our experience with their disease, and how we found out they had it here.  Because this disease is relatively unknown, but so directly affects my family, I want to help make others aware.  You can learn more about Alpha-1 by visiting the Alpha-1 Association website.

A little bit about Me: I have a bachelors degree in Fashion Merchandising, but my true passion has always been and still is interior decorating. So I decided to pursue that passion in earnest, and I am currently a student with Sheffield School of Interior Design.

For as long as I can remember I've loved interior design.  Luckily, I had indulgent parents who let me basically do what my heart desired when it came to decorating my room.  (We're talking purple walls here people.) And my dad even went so far as to build me custom furniture when I asked for it - talk about nurturing my design skills!  Now, years later, my love of interior design has reached near obsession.  When it comes to decorating a room, I simply can't get it out of my head.  And that's where this blog comes in because it allows me to share my ideas with you!

Now a little bit about The Shabby Nest:  I started writing this blog as a creative outlet. And now The Shabby Nest has evolved into my very own little corner of the blogosphere where I share my love of home decor,  and DIY projects, with entertaining and a little bit of style thrown in for good measure.  This year The Shabby Nest was chosen by Country Living Magazine as the Best Decorating Blog of 2011 in their first annual Blue Ribbon Blogger Awards
One of my readers once told me that I have an eye for pretty. I like to believe that is true and I love to share with my readers how they can make their homes a haven without breaking the bank!
Here's one of my favorite quotes from a Shabby Nest reader, and what I hope will be the way all my readers feel when they visit my blog...


Thanks so much for sharing a little beauty and inspiration with the rest of us, Wendy. Your blog is like a favorite book...that doesn't have to be returned to the library and won't ever get lost between the car seats. Thanks.

Explore The Shabby Nest:

You can see some of my favorite decorating projects by clicking here, or following the decorating link on the navigation bar at the top of the page.

Check out my favorite tutorials by clicking here, or on the tutorials button on the navigation bar.  I make sure to update this page frequently so check back often.

And if you're interested, you can find out where The Shabby Nest has been featured here, or by clicking the Press button on the navigation bar.

Make sure to check out my Frugal Friday link parties for great frugal inspiration from around the blogosphere. 

And you'll also wanted to visit my NestKeeping: Monthly Recap Posts to see what I consider to be my best posts of each month.

If you like what you see, I'd love for you to come again.  You can subscribe by clicking my RSS feed button at the top of the sidebar, by subscribing to my email feed, or by following me on Google (both of these options are found on my sidebar as well).  The Shabby Nest is also on Facebook if you'd "like" to join me there!  And I'd  love to have you follow my tweets on Twitter!

Thanks for visiting and I hope you'll come back soon!

xoxo Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment