Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My favorite spots

Thought I'd post a couple of pictures of some of my favorite spots in my house.





















This console sits at the base of my stairs. I love it for it's serenity. The monochromatic color scheme is so soothing. The photos are black and white pictures of The Hubby and his brothers as children, and me, my 'lil sis, and my dad when I was about 5 - they are favorites of mine. I also love the reflection of the stairs in the mirror. Just don't look to close. You can see where Two took a toy truck and banged the drawers...he left a nice group of dents...at least I didn't have to repaint the piece.




















"Really?" You're thinking. "This is one of your favorite spots. " Yes!!! I just love me a barn star! I really love the way the simple lines of the barn star and the bead board on the refrigerator surround play off of one another. I love bead board! You can't tell in this photo, but the walls are actually a sort of mossy green...Cathedral Gray by Ralph Lauren...but it really is green. I love the way the two greens play off of each other. Also, for this month at least, the calendar matches!!





















I love this corner for all sorts of reason. First, I love the big, comfy chair. (It seriously is so comfortable...we got it at IKEA for cheap!!!) And, of course, I love the Toile pillow and the yellow, nubby fabric on the cute triangle pillow. (I found the toile at Walmart!? but all the other fabrics are from JoAnn's). The buffet is a rehabbed piece we found at a used furniture store. I use it to store toys and games, as well as a few of my larger serving pieces. And that mirror? That mirror is one of my favorite pieces in the whole house. There is a great furniture store not far from our house. A family runs it out of the barn behind thier house. They call it the Shabby Sheep. How cute is that? Anyway, the furniture is awesome. I usually just go there to drool. One day I took The Hubby with me, and he discovered this mirror. He had to have it. So it came home. And here it is. I love it! Have I mentioned before that The Hubby has excellent taste?















We have done so much work to our kitchen since we moved in (that is a post for another day). But this corner has to be one of my favorites. There used to be a random floating cabinet to the left of the window. The Hubby tore it out and we (and by we I mean The Hubby did everything while I "supervised") put up these wonderful shelves. They are a great place to store my glasses - and a couple of cute knick knacks! But then there was the issue of our Carbon Monoxide detector. It is a necessity, but soooo ugly. Luckily, we found this great plate rack at Christmas Tree Shop along with the plates and mugs. Put it in the unusable space behind our dumb split corner sink (something I will replace eventually) and it hides the detector. (This is why I put up both photos...from a distance you can hardly tell the detector is behind the plate stand. ) Also, I LOVE my phone - a perfect find from Pottery Barn.

These are some of my favorites. What are your favorite spaces in your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment