Sunday, December 4, 2011

Surprise Pop-Up Card

Hello!

The past 48 hours was NOT fun for me. My computer crashed!!! Aaarrrggghhh!!! Lots of cursing/swearing and frustrations while trying to get it working again. It wasn't pretty...LOL. Couldn't get it to work and as a last resort had to restore my laptop back to it's original manufacturer settings. Ughhh! This was something I (or anybody else) don't need right now (or anytime). Lots more Christmas cards to finish!!! Lost time! ...sorry, just venting my frustrations...LOL.

***Editing***
An evening update...Oh, my weekend had a lovely ending afterall.

First, I had a wonderful lunch with Diana, the owner of Magnolia-licious and Scor-Pal. Yes!!! I finally got to meet this lovely lady face to face. I've put a picture of us below at the bottom of this posting.

And second, I was able to restore my laptop with some advice from my sister--she's much much more computer savvy than me. I'm so computer illiterate. A bit more tweaking to do, but woo-hooo.....
***

Anyway, here's a card that I just finished.


A close-up of this adorable gal from Magnolia's So Jolly & Under The Mistletoe Collection 2009. This is Cozy Tilda.


Check out Magnolia-licious, Diana's on-line store for anything and everything Magnolia. You will find a large selection of the full-size as well as the mini version of Magnolia stamps. Magnolia doohickey cutting dies are available there also. New in stock are Marianne Design and Cheery Lynn dies. And check out the Memory Box dies for pre-order--they are simply gorgeous!!! Diana offers discounts, excellent services and you can earn store credits also!

This is a new type of card that I haven't done before. It is called a surprise pop-up card. I saw this type of card on Patti Jo's blog--that lovely lady give me lots of inspirations--and said I've got to do one of those! And Beate Johns has made an excellent tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers here.

The way this works is there is a little tab at the top of the card that you pull out...


and it reveals a hidden message--your surprise!!!


And at the same time the panel that is hiding the message pops up. Cool, eh!



A few challenges I would like to enter with this card:
Simon Says Stamps - Anything Goes!
Just Magnolia hAnglar & sTanglar - Anything Goes with option of sprakles
Polka Doodles - Week 48 Challenge - Secret Element Christmas Card
Charisma Cardz Challenge 47 - Spots
Crafts and Me - Challenge #63 - Pearls and Swirls


That's it for now.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Your visit is always very much appreciated. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. 20 days and counting....yikes!!!


Materials and Tools used:

Stamps: Sentiments from Plaid

DP's: One sheet from My My Mind's Eye Playful Posies paper pad: TPC Studio Christmas Village Blizzard

Dies: Go Kreate XXL Frames Frilly #1; Spellbinders Labels Eight, Classic Inverted Scalloped Circles and Classic Circles; Magnolia doohickey Swirl

Punches: Snowflake punches from Martha Stewart and EK Success

Miscellaneous: Tim Holtz distress ink stamp pad Vintage Photo and Weathered Wood; Pearls from my stash


Here's a picture of Diana and me at lunch earlier today.


No comments:

Post a Comment