Thursday, April 17, 2008

Shutter Bug


I found myself with a free day a couple of days ago. I knew exactly how to fill it---go thrift store shopping!!! I hit three stores that day, but only found treasures at one. Two sets of shutters called my name and before I knew it, both sets had jumped into my cart. I love the big red wood shutters and have several ideas of how to use them so I need to narrow it down a bit. The smaller tan pair are made of plastic. I decided to glaze them so they looked more like wood (Picture shows one modeling the "before" and the other models the "after"). I'm not sure if it's a psychological thing that has to do with my getting older, but I like decorative pieces with the appearance of age. I think it gives them more character. Yeah, I like to think that's the advantage of age. . . more character! Once the glaze was dry, I knew right where to display my thrift store treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment