Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Lean On Me

I'm a LEANER.

Perhaps it's a side-effect of Design ADD, or of being Design Commitment Phobic (DCP). It could be a result of the combination of the two disorders (yeah, I know I'm a design basket case). But, whatever the cause, I enjoy leaning t
hings in my design. I've leaned pictures, mirrors, shutters, old windows, old tin---you name it, I've probably leaned it. The advantage to leaning is that there is no repair work needed when you change things out. Plus, I just like the more casual style of leaning items.

My favorite things to lean are huge, empty picture frames.
I like the way they frame out the items in front on them.
I like that they give the whole vignette some height and balance.

And there's a real advantage to an empty frame when you're DCP. . . you guessed it, no commitment!
Besides
, who says that just the frame itself can't be a work of art!


No comments:

Post a Comment