Friday, August 13, 2010

Returning To The Girl's Dream Bedroom ~ Adding Shades!

While designing the Girl's Dream Bedroom - No Boys Allowed, one item I really hoped to include were window shades. I thought basic roller shades, made pretty by adding trim, would look great layered behind the drapes and be very functional as well. But...as is often the case with a design project...the budget was spent before every item on the wish list could be placed in the room.


Fast forward a year. When I was asked to submit several projects I would consider doing to write tutorials, I recalled this idea and added it to the list.


As a result, I'm excited to be finally installing shades in Isabella's room! First reverse roll roller shades were ordered from Smith + Noble, then decorative pulls were found at Zwick Window Shade Co., and with Isabella's help I chose some bright trim at JoAnn Fabrics.

You may recall this post, 'A Little Decorative Jewelry For Your Shades', featuring several decorative pulls. I simply LOVE this pretty hardware! Here is the style I selected to attach to the shades, but check out other wonderful styles available here.


This project ended up being sooooo easy! I'll post all the details and the final result next Monday. In the meantime, look for my latest Ideabook for Houzz in tomorrow's post. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment