Monday, August 25, 2008

Keeping Keys


I can't take credit for this cute little idea. My ultra-crafty sister-in-law made this. She had one in her house, and I complimented it often enough, that she made me one for my birthday (or maybe it was Christmas) a few years ago. It's on the wall right between the back door and the mudbench. We always know right where our keys are - as long as we remember to hang them up when we walk in the door! ;-)
The project was actually pretty simple. She took a piece of wood, cut it to size and routered the edges (I'm not sure if that is the right spelling because woodworking is the Hubby's department). You could also buy a premade plaque at a craft store. Then she drilled a hole in the center and bolted the old door knob on. After she painted and distressed it a little bit, she screwed in four cup hooks, added a couple of old skeleton keys and voila! It's great just as it is, but because I love words, I've been toying with the idea of adding some vinyl lettering at the top that says "welcome" . Cute, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment