Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My picket toolbox gets fresh on me



I love red. But not just any red. I like the deep rich primitive tones that speak of all things heritage.

So when blog friend Heidi from The Red Dollar House broadcasted that she had a sign that she had ideas of sending me, I nearly fell over. It was rustic, looked exactly like something I myself would make, and it was deep red!

I wanted this baby to pop in just the right place soooo...



... when these pretty flowers were a done deal, it was time for a fresh look once again.


My ever changing picket toolbox sits on my back patio.

I'm having the most fun changing this thing out! That's the beauty of fresh flowers. They're a little more labour intensive to keep up with, however the change is also fun.


A broken twiggy wreath became a nest of sorts to start things off. Love the extra texture.


Mix in 3 cups of water, an ounce of of creativity and a few fresh blooms and you get...


the perfect backdrop that makes your gifted Fresh Cherries sign pop!


Heidi did an exceptional job with this sign. I love how she lowered the upper case characters as well as visually centering the center parts of the text. This girl is good with typography which pleases me to no end! Because there are indeed tricks when playing with text. The two toned border makes the text pop too. It's absolutely perfect! And I have only 101 ideas for it, this being the first.


Thanks Heidi! I love my sign! 


And dear friends, it's time for a little R&R with my son. We need to go forth and splash, giggle, play board games, create new adventures and downplay electronics for a short spurt. I'll be checking in over the next week, but it'll be sporadic.

Thanks for continuing to be interested in what goes on in my little neck of the woods! SNS will still run as planned with the theme being FJI inspired projects. I can't wait to see what you bring! :)

Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment